Me and my girls...Maddy and Emma
You may be wondering how I stumbled into this business? No, I haven't always had a passion for photography like others, actually quite the opposite. My mom always took pictures of me and my sisters, so I was in front of camera and not behind it. I don't even remember when I got my first camera...HS? College? Never in a million years did I ever think this was a path I would travel down, since 1996 I had been doing nothing but coaching HS and MS swimming and in Sept 2000 being a stay at home mom. All I ever wanted to do was coach and thankfully I was able to so for over 17 years. Christmas of 06, my husband bought me my first DSLR. He thought because I was creative, I could do some fun things with it. It was a great gift, but I really didn't pick it up until 10 months later when our Emma was born in October of 07. So I started playing around with the camera and taking pictures of Maddy and Emma, which then turned into taking pictures of my niece and nephew, then my cousin's kiddos, then friends started asking and in Fall of 08 I got a call from a friend and she asked if I could take some pics for her friend who's photographer bailed on them last minute. So I said sure and went down to Ellis Park here in Danville and took some family pics for them. That's where it all started "officially" I guess. I just happened upon that cd of pictures just yesterday (Jan 3, 2017) and I popped it in my computer to look at them. BOY I was terrible! haha I found a few more cds of pictures from 08 and 09 and I seriously don't know why any of these people asked me to take their family pictures! Thank goodness over the last 8 years I have gotten better:) I gave up coaching swimming about 4 years ago because I didn't want to miss out on my girls' activities and photography became full time. I often miss the glorious perfume of chlorine and think one day I will go back to the pool, but for now my girls and photography keep me busy. I just want to say to my friends/clients that have stuck with me from the beginning, not sure what you saw in me, but THANK YOU from the bottom of heart for believing in me.
A few fun and maybe not so well known fun facts about me...
- I gave my life to Jesus in April 2014 & got baptized on my 40th birthday
- One of my all time favorite movies is White Christmas and I get teary eyed every single time the General comes down the stairs in his uniform
- So my left front tooth has been chipped twice...once in 7th grade trying to swim in the Danville baby pool with my friend Amy Long & 2nd time was because of my good friend Tina McBride
- My dream car would be a 1980s Jeep Wagoneer (a Woody)
- I pretty much wear Toms, tennis shoes, Chucks or my Birks everyday...no heels for this girl
- Every wedding I shoot, I request the song Rump Shaker at the reception
- I listening to Barry Manilow, John Denver, Neil Diamond and Bing Crosby
- Snow or Sand...SNOW!!!!
- I secretly LOVE High School Musical...all 3 of them
- a few favorite foods...Mt Dew, my cousin Rachel's cheese ball, jalapeño chips, Thin Mints (only if they were in freezer), caprese salad, and anything from the Bread Basket Cafe and Bakery